What is dropshipping?
What do you understand by the term drop shipping?
I have some little explanation on this favorite topic, drop shipping.
So, What is dropshipping- Dropshipping is a sales method whereby items been sold are not found or kept in stock and when a purchase is been made, the product is then sourced from a third party seller and shipped directly to the customer by the third party seller.
The other good thing is, as a drop shipper you never get to see the products, and you never get to handle the products.
The other thing is the difference between standard retail and drop shipping is that the offering dealer doesn’t stock or possess stock. Rather, the vendor buys stock as required from an outsider (manufacturer) and they fulfill the orders.
Advantages of dropshipping
- Less Capital Is Required
- You don’t need to buy an item unless you officially made the deal and have been paid by the client.
- Without major in advance stock speculations, it’s conceivable to begin a fruitful dropshipping business with almost no cash.
- Simple to Begin
- Everything is done online.
- You don’t need to manage physical items.
- You don’t need to oversee or pay for a stockroom
- No need to dispatch products
- You don’t need to order for products or oversee stock level
- A dropshipping business can keep running from pretty much any place with an internet
- Wide Choice of products
- Offer a variety of products you don’t own
- Simple to Scale
- By utilizing drop shipping providers, the majority of the work from start to finish is done by manufacturer or provider.
Disadvantages of dropshipping
- The price hike, this is due to the minimal starting invest, many suppliers sell at low prices to get more customers.
- Low-quality sites and poor customer benefit.
- Low product availability from suppliers
- Not easy to monitor which products are in and out of stock.
- Transportation Complexities, this is because most drop shippers engage with different suppliers in different locations, and this affects shipping cost.
- Trust issues, because of using different suppliers from different locations, customers who order different products offered by different suppliers get different shipping cost.
- The wrong shipment, delayed shipment, or damaged product all comes back to store owner.
- Easy to be misled by suppliers who provide really low-quality products which leave you with bad comment/reviews.